One could say I’m not a very traditional photographer. I don’t come in and meet a client for just an assignment, I am in it for the experience.
Though I don’t post much of the work I’ve done in the realm of family portraits here on my site, the opportunity was too good to pass not to post the photos of this particular family. So I asked their permission to write a story about it.
These photos were taken during a visit to Germany and as the photo shoot was going on, someone was playing the guitar and the music just brought everything to a realm of love.
Their beautiful children were only fluent in Spanish, so I found myself in a challenging situation trying to direct them at times.
But they were so naturally in-tuned with each other as a family that the beauty shone rightfully through every photo.
First of all, I would like to thank all the readers and followers of my work. It encourages me to do better with each coming project so I can be a vessel of inspiration for whoever lays eyes on my projects.
I conceptualized a project of “Moments Recorded” by RzM Creative Studio in an effort to further push a creative strength when it comes to capturing the essential beauty of my subjects. Starting the month of August to early November 2019, I am open to scheduling casual portraits, family portraits and glamorous portraits for all of you.
Whether it be with a loved one, or for the purpose of recording your self-love – RitzMarie Creative Studio is in the market to capture your light, wonder and beauty.
So here are the frequently asked questions:
- Can you make me look like a model? —- You are truly beautiful in yourself. You need not look like another. All the photos I’ve chosen for this post are models. So, yes – I can make you look, like the model you are.
- Where do we shoot? —- Preferably in a private space, could be your house, a hotel, a restaurant, a garden, etc. I have some recommended places that we could discuss through should you avail of my services.
- What do we wear? —- I would like to capture the vibe of you and each individual, so I would say just come as your best self and bring clothing options we could put together. Or if you’re feeling fancy, I could connect you with a wardrobe stylist (at an additional cost).
- Will we have a glam team? —- For the option of glamour photo shoots, of course. This cost is per head depending on the services you would like to avail. But for a casual shoot, you can do your own make up or go to your favorite salon and have it done before the shoot should you want to cut down on costs.
- How much will this cost? —- Depending on the service you want, the cost may increase or decrease. So message us with your expectations and we will get back with you with the cost. Please check you input the right email address.
- How long after I get the photos AND will you make us thinner? —- I promise with all my essence to capture you in your best possible light without having to photoshop every inch of you. You will get a digital photo album of at least 30 photos (ready-to-share online) within the two weeks after the day of the shoot.
- Can you make us ART? —- Yes, I can incorporate your photo into an art installation like I have done for my “Lucid Dreaming” exhibit in Osaka, Japan and “Stardust.” exhibit in Paris, France (posting this one soon).
You can use the photos for upcoming event invitations to family gatherings, a submission if you have a family newsletter or the all-encompassing – Christmas card. It’s July already! Christmas is coming soon! 😉 All kidding aside, it would be an honor to be a witness to wonderful moments we can establish and capture together.
Clients usually like a controlled environment, thus a studio setup is the go-to scenario.
I need not elaborate on what harsh conditions can be brought about by an outdoor shoot with unpredictable weather. But, it is in my vision as an artist to have cities as my backdrops.
KM43 is a slow fashion label focused on gaining appreciation for local weaves and textiles around the Philippines.
One of the things I love about working with home-grown brands is that there is great room for flexible creativity. Much things can be done with a small and efficient team. When I met Kana Manglapus of KM43, it was early in the morning in the streets of Poblacion, Makati. I quickly agreed to do the shoot because it was something no other fashion brand has approached me for before.
So when Kana approached me, I immediately said “Let’s do it!” I don’t think I even let her finish her explanation because I already sympathized with her vision.
I was beyond happy for her when this brand hit the circuits of The Hollywood Reporter and WWD. I’m sharing these photos because I find her style so sincere and I hope that her brand goes a long way up!
Makeup by: Sydney Helmsley
Photos by: RitzMarie Creative Studio